Garden Hills Community Center
339 Pine Tree Drive NE,
Atlanta, GA 30305
Convenient to I-75, I-85, and 400
- Every Thursday Night - Evening Schedule
- 7:00 - 7:45 pm: Beyond Beginner West Coast Swing Class
- 7:45 - 8:30 pm: Series Beginner West Coast Swing Class
- 7:45 – 8:30 pm: Beginner West Coast Swing Class (for new dancers, no experience needed)
- 8:30 - 10:45 pm: Open Dancing
- Monthly Schedule - Special event by week
- First Week of the Month - New Class Series Begins (no experience needed)
- Second Week of the Month - Contest night
- Third Week of the Month - So You Think You Can DJ
- Fourth Week of the Month – Bring a Friend Night (first time attendees are free!)
Dance only (8:30 - 10:45 pm):
$5 - Students, $7 - General Admission
Beginner class and dance (7:45 - 8:30 pm):
Drop-in: $5 - Students, $7 - General Admission
Series (admission for the entire month): $15 - Students, $20 - General Admission
Beyond Beginner class and dance (7:00 - 7:45 pm):
Drop-in: $8 - Students, $10 - General Admission
Series (admission for the entire month): $20 - Students, $25 - General Admission
- I’ve never danced before, is that OK?
- That’s OK! Everyone starts with a first lesson. We offer classes that are fun and educational!
- I have no rhythm and two left feet, can I learn?
- Of course you can! There is someone out there that has two “right feet.” Regarding rhythm, you can learn it, just be patient and have fun!
- Do I need to bring a partner?
- No. West Coast Swing is a social dance, which means you just show up, take a lesson, then dance with whomever you ask, or whomever asks you!
- How should I dress?
- Dress comfortably! Ladies will want to have flats or a low heel with a back, no sandals or flip-flops. Guys, no sneakers. The rubber bottoms are too sticky.
- I just started and don’t know a lot of “moves,” what should I do?
- You should stay and dance! It’s OK that you don’t know a lot of moves. Tell your partner that you are a new dancer. We all start somewhere and practice makes you learn the dance quicker!